Report Abuse

Re: OWNERS MEETING DEC 17th 2009

Stephanie, I am outraged as well about the increase in fees. I feel as if the government is exploiting us owners because we are not local; this clearly gauges us and only helps local Hawaiians. I am very displeased with the HOA as they should have been watching out for us and proactively spending the money to fight this and create a campaign to do so. I want to hear more than the possiblity of hiring a law firm and so what it if takes several years, given that we OWN our units several years is better than turning around and taking it up the ying yang year after year. My position is once resolved we owners should be owed paid back for our overpayment. What confuses me is how does the government justify this? Do you know any good online articles I can read? We are likely not the only owners group affected. This should be a class action suit be all time-share owners that are impacted; a hungry law firm should be ready to pounce on this. I paid almost $2,800 dollars for my dues this year - 2 bedroom units are going for 3K on Red week; the 40K I spent is worthless and I imagine have now will kill the resale market. The government of Hawaii not only has raised taxes astronomically, they have essentially killed the value of time-shares in Hawaii. Thanks for attending and keeping us updated, no one else does. Regards, Jon Ruiz