Report Abuse

Diamond Resorts International (DRI) "THE CLUB" Points Program & Converting your Week to Points

Hi all, I was finally contacted by DRI about my exciting opportunity to convert my week at Polo Towers, Las Vegas to the new "Club Points" program. Being in the Army and moving all the time, I guess they finally caught up with me, and I was called to make an appointment at my house in St Louis, MO. The rep showed up on time and gave his pitch. The only complaint I had was it took him so long to tell me exactly what he was selling and "get to the bottomline" with the cost disclosure. Since I have not been able to use my timeshare in Las Vegas in the past 4-years (wars, deployments, moving all the time, young children, etc) we grudgingly decided to make the switch and paid the $2990 to convert, and the annual fee would be like $250. They offered us 12,000 pts for our 2bed/2bath week 13 "floating" lock-out unit at Polo Towers, Las Vegas (one of the very few previously owned Diamond Resort properties...not aquired in the Sunterra Resorts buyout). We now look forward to being able to use our week where we want with no exchange fees and no point rollover or borrowing costs. For the past 4-years we have rented it out thru Redweek ads but that was always a pain to post the ads, reply to inquiries, screen potential renters, book the week at Polo Towers, make arragements for the payment, and get a short contract back in the mail from the renter; plus we were not able to rent it to even cover our annual HOA fee (which have nearly doubled since we bought in 2004 from $722 to $1150). We were told they only offer "conversions" to points if you are the original deeded owner, and will not/do not offer "The CLUB" program to "resale owners". With all that said, I wanted to hear from other "DRI Weeks to Points" converters or those who are on the fence about switching (although we were told this was a "one-time offer"). --What was your impressions of the program? --Why did you decided to do it? --Has it worked out to be as good as they said it would be? --Has anyone that is not an original deeded owner been offered a chance to switch to CLUB points? --Can DRI be trusted to administer this program equitably? (i.e. the recent RCI Weeks lawsuit) --I heard you can buy additional points but do not understand how and who sells them? and are the points only for a one-time-use thing or can you buy more pts that would be added annually to your annual allotment (like RCI Points with multiple properties)? Any and all input on DRI's "The CLUB" points program is appreciated....hopefully we can all learn something from this forum posting. Thanks for your comments and input.