Report Abuse

Re: VILLA 15

Not sure if you were asking me this question, but I did successfully cancel my original purchase and bought instead on the after market. I thought that was a good deal but now withthe buzz that the golf courses are now off again and who knows for sure who will be operating Pacifica, I am not so sure even at my reduced price and maint. fees. But I am confused as to why this is an issue for you. Unless you paid them in cash in that first 24 hours, I assume you paid with a US credit card. Why did you not just declare the downpayment and entire contract as void to your Credit Card company and force a charge back. I'm pretty sure the CC company has to at least hold back those charges until the issue is resolved in a US court. And if you are simply worried about a contract made in Mexico...just don't pay on it and let them come after you in the US. I doubt it will hurt your credit rating that much if the charges are held in dispute. If, on the other hand you wrote a check, surely you could put a stop payment on the check before it was collected on within 24 hours? But yes you should have the right to rescind. I told them I needed 20 days to decide and they gave it to me and I still canceled after about 11 days. But I paid the initial amount on a new credit line that they set up for me and was approved onsight. So it never touched my bank account and I just canceled with the creditor. There was no problem. Of course this was a long time ago and only 35 villas had even been built and probably only a few completely sold out.