Report Abuse

Re: Club Navigo is a rip off?

I am the current owner of two Club Navigo time shares, with a total of 10000 points anually. One of my time shares is home based at Grand Seas, which is not accepting any reservations due to issues between Island One / Club Navigo and the resort; leaving me in the middle. the other is home based at Liki Tiki. I tried to make a reservation to use up the last of my points for 2010, (2000 points) and was unhappy to find that I could not stay at the Grand Seas. I was told by the reservation agent, that they did not know why Grand Seas was not accepting reservations, or when they would resume. When talking to the Grand Seas about what was going on, (I am also a direct owner at the Grand Seas.), they said they were still honoring the contracts that ended with a .4, but not those ending in a .1. It would seem to me that the information given by the Club Navigo agent was deceptive at best, and possibly just simply a lie. Surely your employees have and idea about what is going on between you and the Grand Seas. So what is the difference, and why is my contract a .1???? The Grand Seas contract was a conversion from a direct ownership at the resort, into the Club Navigo system. There was no mention of a lower class of contract or ownership when we converted. And if I can not use my home resort, I am losing a huge percentage of the value of my ownership. Not only will I lose if trading into II or RCI, if I have a reservation in Orlando or elsewhere, but as nice as Liki Tiki and other resorts are, they are not OCEAN FRONT on Daytona Beach. What is going on, and again, what is the difference between these .1 and .4 contracts? Please note that this is not a case of late payments, or payments not being forwarded to Club Navigo from the Grand Seas. I went through all that in January, and all by fees are paid in full on both memberships. PS: Your comment to one owner that they owned at the Grand Seas, does that mean that the deeds are still good at the Grand Seas for stays, outside of the Club Navigo system? In other words, can I use my 2BR, Lock Out unit at the Grand Seas exactly the same as the other unit that is not in the Club Navigo system?