Report Abuse

Re: Grandview at Las Vegas Redweek rentals?

[Q=jonathang59] Your post was very helpful, Phil. Thank you! I'll put my week up for rent with the resort this year and see what happens.[/Q] You might also check out the policy at your resort about how they work. Our resort will have your unit on a rental list by date you signed up and then rent going down the list. Our resort rents by the night so say someone only rents three nights then they move down the list of other owners with your same week to rent. You could only have three days rented but then at a point getting close to your week you can pull the remaining days and use them for your family. This is another reason for booking a week you could use. Depending on how many owners have the same week you have the resort list will get back to your unit and good chance a second renter will rent the remaining days. My resort does add a fee to clean the room for second renter and I have no problem with that. Remember many owners will book holiday weeks with idea of just renting and get stuck with bad deal or no deal and they can't use it so they paid maintenance fee's and get nothing. Also most resorts will have longer list for holiday weeks so the list might never turn over again and then you need to use or lose the time. Ask your resort rental how many units they have for your same week before making up your mind unless your resort is full most times. Couple years ago we rented out our lock-off unit for ski week/Presents Day week and had a person only rent two nights. A week later they had another family rent the four nights in middle of the week so we only lost one day of rental. We also made more money after the fee's than we asked for on our two bedroom condo on Redweek for our July 4th week. My opinion is only based on my own resort so check how your resort works. PHILL12