Report Abuse

Re: Club Navigo is a rip off

[Q=dorisar] You sound like a Club Navigo employee. Just sayin'. Since you sound like such a happy Club Navigo customer, if you want another time share with them I have one that I would give you for free!!!! Just reply here so that we can get in contact. I will be more than happy to give it to you or anyone :)[/Q] No I am not an employee of Club Navigo, and I have had troble at times with them, but never anything that I was unable to work out. I currently own multiple weeks through Club Navigo. 2- 2br weeks deeded at the Grand Seas, a 2Br week and a 3 br week deeded at Liki Tiki and I also own a 2Br week at Grand Seas that is not in the Club Navigo system. While I at times have had to be the squeeky wheel to get the results I wanted, I have always ended up with a week at a good resort. There have been issues with proper and timely crediting of fees and dues payments, but these have always been worked out rather quickly when I raised enough cain. As I write this, I have 3 reservations made, which are all confirmed for the weeks and locations I wanted; and one reservation for a week that I had to book at an alternate resort, due to lack of rooms the week I wanted. You do have to be a little flexible, as there are hundreds of owners that all are trying to book their weeks, and the more popular weeks are far harder to book than the less popular. As for your offer to sell or give your week away; i would be willing to entertain an offer, but would need to have the deatails of what you own, as well as the status of the mortgage and all fees. Some deeds cost more to bring up to date than the week is worth. PLEASE - I DO NOT NEED CONTACTS FROM TIME SHARE BROKERS AND THE LIKE. IF YOU ARE NOT A DEEDED OWNER, I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU. I think the biggest issue that most people have with Club Navigo is the sales force they hired to sell the weeks. They were allowed to lie and misrepresent the true nature of the system, and this then led people to make bad investments. A prime example is thinking you could use your points to book a room on Bike Week or Daytona 500 week. Possible, but very unlikely. These are ultra high demand weeks, and are very hard to get ahold of. You have to be flexible and plan well in advance to make sure you have the reservations you want. And anyone considering buying into Club Navigo, take the time to read the papers before you sign them, or at least within 24 hours. If what you were promised by the salesman is not in writing, or has extra conditions attached you were not informed about, then either don't sign, or excercise your right to void the contract. If it is not in writing, then it does not exist. A promise is a lie until it is documented on paper.