Report Abuse

Hyatt Vacation Club prices --- my opinion

[Q=alanh125] Ken: Thank you for your reply. This confirms my suspicions. Do you own one of the HYATT's? Just curious how easy it is to trade within their system.[/Q] I do NOT own within Hyatt, although a close friend does. I just rented a Hyatt week in Key West, FL back in late February, 2011. My (admittedly limited) understanding is that many (maybe most, maybe even all) Hyatt ownerships have both an underlying specific unit / week at a "home resort" AND an associated amount of points. The points can be used to book time in any other Hyatt facility, instead of using the home resort. As always, however, there are NO guarantees beyond access to the actual underlying deeded week. To go elsewhere instead, using the associated points, availability rules all; there obviously has to be vacant space for you to be able book into in the first place. That availability varies considerably with different resorts and different seasons. Sorry, but that's just about the entire extent of what I know about Hyatt Vacation Club. In many years of timeshare experience, I've never actually heard anyone say a bad word about the Hyatt system --- and there are very few (if any) other companies about which that can also be said...