Report Abuse

Re: Club Navigo is a rip off

I've been ripped off too, in a similar way to the person who posted the initial post in this thread and from the same place (florida) though I don't remember the names of the people who sold us the timeshare. We have had a lot of trouble booking accommodation. The only accommodation we managed to secure was when we booked some hotel for a couple of friends of ours in Mexico, though the points and prices are far different to what we were quoted by the sales agents. Plus we did not receive our free hawaii vacation, nor our free cruise as was promised when we signed up. I also noticed that our maintenance fees and taxes are about $1200, which is a similar price to what it would cost us to book a weeks accommodation in the same building as our timeshare anyway without owning the timeshare! what was the $25k for then if we aren't saving anything? And why do we lose all our points if we don't use them in a year? I was told we could keep them indefinitely and they just rolled over. Now I find out I've been paying thousands in maintenance and taxes and in paying off the timeshare, and they didn't even roll over, so sheeze this has been a huge money drain for no benefit. Basically lost $25k, and I don't see the value in paying the $1200 a year in maintenance fees anyway for 1 week in accommodation that I can't get booked for when I want it anyway. There were so many lies told to us when we got sold the accommodation. Island one / clubnavigo can try to make themselves look good by posting on this forum and hiding behind statements like 'Because we don't know your specific circumstances.. blah blah' but talking to them on the phone, they KNOW that their scheme is of no value to anyone and they know full well that they are scamming people. I was told that my 1 week in Florida would be worth 5 weeks in other locations like new zealand (where i live) and australia and that it would only cost me $156 to transfer my points. That's why I joined. That was a total lie, and now I'm stuck paying this rediculous bill every year that i can't get out of without it affecting my credit rating etc. There is so much more to say, the amount of lies told to us was unbelievable.