Report Abuse

A few pertinent Wyndham observations...

[Q=arpan3] I would say to buy fairfield fareshare plus point s from the resale markets attached to the VIP membership. [/Q] 1. To the best of my knowledge, any and all "VIP" status and privileges disappear completely once a "VIP" ownership is sold off in the resale market. "VIP" (of dubious value anyhow, imho) can only be attained via developer-direct (i.e., from Wyndham) purchases. 2. Wyndham renamed Fairshare Plus points to Club Wyndham Plus points several years ago. Just a name change, but "Fairshare Plus" no longer actually even exists in the Wyndham vocabulary. 3. Wyndham points packages are available in the resale market for pennies these days (see TUG, eBay, etc.). On any day of the week, packages of 154k -- 182k (or more) Club Wyndham points can be found offered for FREE (closing costs and the new, larcenous $299 transfer fee imposed by Wyndham on all transfers, as of May 2011, may or may not be included with these "free" offers). 4. $15,000 for 360k Wyndham points is about $14,750 MORE than what the current resale market is commanding for 360k points --- REGARDLESS of whatever exorbitant amount Wyndham may have sold that package for in the original developer-direct transaction...