Report Abuse

Re: Club Navigo is a rip off

Hi Johnh134, Well I understand your complaint about the dues, and them not paying Club Navigo and expecting you to pay the bill - the word I get is this has to do with thousands of dollars that Grand Seas claims Club Navigo still owes it from the association they had that went sour. I no longer have the same problem as I have a second Navigo week, and pay the dues to the club through The Cove now. Now, as to your week you own at Grand Seas. While the week will be hard to use through Club Navigo or Grand Seas as long as your have fees showing as due at either location - I have been able to use my 2 separate weeks each year anyway. What I have done is reverted to the original deeded week. Even if you have points through Navigo - there is still a deed behind that that gives you a week in a specific type of unit, and/or specific week. You can make reservations directly with Grand Seas, using the contract number from your deed, and thus get your vacation. If your original deed had float privileges, which all but the 8 event week units should have - then you can float into your type of unit for any week that is available - IF your fees are all paid. Meaning you would have to pay the $45 in late fees, to make a reservation. You should talk with the Owner Representative about splitting the two bills - paying Club Navigo directly, and Grand Seas directly, and not relying on one to pay the other - thus getting you into the middle of their spat. As I said, I have two separate weeks deeded through Grand Seas, and while it is a bit more of a pain than it should be, I get my usage each year. I have also heard of cases where if you are a squeaky enough wheel, and pay all your fees to Club Navigo, they have restored the lost weeks of points for people. Call Club Navigo Customer Service and keep raising hell until you get someone high enoughs attention. If you would like to discuss the steps I took to resolve the problems I was having, you can email me at stevetimeshare@yahoo.com. Let me know what your status is, and I would be happy to suggest how you might be able to get your time share working for you again. ( NOTE: I am not a broker or anything of the sort - just an owner of multiple Club Navigo time shares - who has yet to loose a single weeks usage. Currently own two CN weeks, but have owned as many as 6 at one time. )