Report Abuse

Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

I don't understand your complaint. Exchange points gets you access to the Exchange points inventory and trust points get you access to the trust inventory. You have the best of both worlds now that you can get into both inventory "buckets" instead of just one or the other. Are you complaining that you have more ownership in one versus the other? Then the problem isn't buying the trust, it is that you don't have enough in the trust to do what you want. Or are you upset that you thought that the points combined to give you equal access to both inventory pools? Then it is a misunderstanding and still no reason to try to convince ppl that the trust is not something they should buy. Really, I own both and love it. I have 3525 exchange points and bought 3500 trust points. I have equal amounts and with banking and borrowing options, I never run into any problems with not having enough to do anything my family wants. Nor have I run into any availability issues. So I think people should buy the trust because I always had to wait or settle for my second and sometimes third choice when it was just interval.