Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

g333s-- One other thought. As you know, my husband and I have had our properties for sometime (our first purchase was in 1993--last one in 2004). While in Aruba this June (yep, we made it to Aruba trading for 2 units--so it is possible!), we attended a presentation to explain the benefits of the Destinations Program to Legacy (now that I know that's what we are!) owners. The way it was explained to us is that (as you say) we can continue as we have in the past (go to our home resort, trade for Marriott Reward Points or trade through the Marriott Desk at II) or now we could trade for Marriott Points (ours amount to 6500 total) and exchange through the Destinations Points program--which we opted to do. A big selling point for us was that the rep said that Marriott was going to build other resorts in the future that would not be available through II--but that as members of the Destinations Program we would be able to trade into these properties as well. In all of this, no one has ever mentioned the option of buying into the Trust! Is this because it is now only available to those purchasing new Marriott Timeshares? Any thoughts on why we have never been told about this option? Thanks again for all of your help!