Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

they also never told us that the weeks expire!!! i bought them and i paid $1200 maintenance fee on top of that, but they can just erase them and give me NOTHING for my money! it's use it or lose it. that is not how i vacation and not what i was told in the presentation. my plan was to save up maybe 4 years worth of points and take a killer luxury vacation. now they say if i don't use it, i can push to next year, but that's all. after that if not used BOTH YEARS WOULD BE LOST. cannot keep forwarding the points to the next year repeatedly. that is stealing in my opinion. if i don't use the points this year in marriott rewards, they just sit there until i have accumulated enough to do what i want with them. i naturally ASSUMED the points worked the same way. this is my biggest complaint of all. but i definitely think marriott did this to rip us off overall too. i am one of those with lower demand resort weeks and have enjoyed for 20 weeks trading up. when i bought those salesman said all weeks "trade blind". what a deal it was for me. and then it took only 120,000 points for a week in ANY marriott hotel and 2 coach airfares to ANYWHERE. now it's 250,000 points and that's still not the top hotels i used to stay in. they have devalued the points in the other system and there is nothing going to stop them from doing the same in the new points system. only now it's worse. they just take them from you and give you NOTHING in exchange.