Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

Thank you every one who contributed into this discussion. I am surprised that "legacy" owners are not appalled and disguised that we can't use new point system with this supposably HUGE inventory including Ritz Carlton ( there are only 5 by the way as of now) without buying additional points to up our  ownership to 6500 to" premier" level, and mind you adding another mainatinance  fee to already existing fees. I am short of about 900 points, but only options available - 1500 points for $16k or 2500 points for $27k for me to purchase in order to get blessed by Marriott and become a "TRUST" owner.  when I bought my time share 6years ago I was promised a fat book of exchange availabilities, now I was told at the presentation that less  Marriott locations will be available to me if I don't enroll into new system ( read as pay more to Marriott)....As of rosy picture reps are painting to us that Marriott expanding, building more properties...our resort's last phase supposably to be finished this year (2012), however the completion date has been moved to 2014...Are there no money to finish a swimming pool and one more building? Is this new program a complicated fund raiser!? Another, thing....I was offered to buy  points to upgrade my silver week to platinum for x amount of $$....total amount  would be LESS ( a few thousand)  compare to what I spend for my platinum 6years ago, yes same resort!....My point is Marriott needs CASH now ( not getting it from me tho), but Marriott should not be so careless and  rude to  it's  loyal customers as all of us who bought, promoted, and loved Marriott timeshares for years....and now are forced to use second best options or spend more$$$$$ to be a part of "premier". I see class action lawsuit  in the future......