Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

Thanks for all the replies. I purchased this points based timeshare with regards to flexibility of not being locked to one place. I became interested in the point system when I first looked at Ritz point system and heard some good reviews from other users regarding ritz. But the ritz program was to expensive. When i heard the sales pitch at marriott last week in Florida i like the flexibility. My purchase of 6500 points gets me into premier status which includes the following benifits: • Reservations for 7 nights or longer may be made 13 months in advance to all 50+ Marriott Vacation Club Collection Resorts • Trade up to 65% of their Destination Trust points for Marriott Reward Points every year • The Ritz Carlton Destination Club (Select Luxury Club Residences) • 30% discount on villa rental (40% using Marriott Visa) • 3 years Gold Elite Marriott Rewards Status with additional purchase • Reserve Premier Sporting Events i.e. Super Bowl, The Masters, Kentucky Derby, US Open Tennis, Indy 500 The cost of the point were 9.1 per point with additional 500,000 marriott reward points and one free villa vacation. the timeshare will be used for family vacation and i'm not considering an investment or plan to sell it. As i was told the points can be passed down to my kids. Again thanks for all the replies.