Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

Bob, I still don't understand why you are upset. First, you can still use II like you always have. You can deposit the way you always have and get like for like. You can be in the points program and not have to trade for points. You can continue to use II like you always have. Everything could be the same for you if you chose to join the DC program or not. You may want to use the DC points program if you were interested in going on a European cruise instead or staying at your resort for a particular year. I believe you are missing the point that you have a choice. It's not mandatory for you to use your ownership differently. As for the snowbirds, the can still use their ownership as the always have. You don't use points if you are going to stay at your own resort. You would only use points if you wanted to stay at another Marriott property. Even then you don't have to use them then because you could still go the II. I fully intend to still use my timeshare by getting 2 weeks one with the studio and the other with the one bedroom. I won't need to use points to do that. I believe you may be a little confused with what the DC points program allows you to do. That may be the cause of your concerns. Just from the statements you have written on the site it is obvious that you may need to review it a little further. You can still rent your week, you can still lock it off, you can still trade for Marriott Rewards Points, you can still get the maximum out of your resort like you always have. New people getting into the system don't have the options you have. I hope this helps you. Please let us know if there is something that we can help you with or if there is something we are not seeing right.