Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

Charles, I agree with what you are saying. I did know that. I am against paying to join a program that will actually hurt the way I use MY particular ownership. They want to threaten owners into thinking that the only way one will be able to trade into other Marriott resorts is to join their points program. That will never happen as long as there are owners who don't join. That is precisely why they are now giving owners who join a LIFETIME membership in II. Last year they were telling people they were eliminating II. I spent 30 years as a Tax Auditor detecting Tax Fraud by business owners and others for the government. This background gives me a little insight into detecting facts and lies. Sadly, if they had nothing to hide the story would not change. As for the SNOWBIRDS, what I was referring to was the practice of some of them who have found a way to take advantage of the system. They book their weeks. Split their units and deposit their lock-off. Than through trades with II they trade them for master units. Thus, always stay in master units. All it costs them is the fees. If Marriott has their way the trades would not be available. I guess I have always stood up for the underdog. I just don't want to be one. As I keep trying to say, points owners will still only be able to book weeks at certain resorts if the units are owned by destination members who deposit them. Test it, try to book a Maui unit in the original building for 3100 points. If they had ANY, they would not be trying to buy some back. My hero is the guy who bought Newport Coast for $8,000, not the guy who after a points presentation pay $51,000 and gets a deed to the same resort and pays the same maintenance dues. You pick!