Report Abuse

RLegal rescintion question

i believe the OP IS from Groupo Mayan, now Vida. We are educated but fell for the bargained for bonus weeks, elite weeks and purchased a studio for $8K. After havi.g opportunity to get online and talk with someone about resale, we went back with letter ro rescind with intent to bargain, for the security of dealing directly with the company and "knowing" what we're getting since not evetything transfers and we're unfamiliar with the legal proceedings on resale. We were happy to be offered an "owners upgrade" not requiring the 5/25 yr extra fees, pay on usage only, and additional 2 weeks of 2 br with Vida weeks as well as 50 elite weeks, with $1500 taken off our original contract price. Essentially 4 weeks of 2br and 3 weeks of studio per year, all paid only if used, for $6500. Looking at resale sites, thats less than most ppl ask for these properties (not saying that they get it, but what do I know). Get back home, find out from brother/sil who were sold similar weeks as an upgrade,that these weeks are useless and get you junk in low demand time, not the elite holiday time theyre presented as. They cant even use these bonus weeks to get the GM that they own bc its not on the qualifying list. Sooo...day 4 after signing NEW contract with MP, we mail our intent to rescind as well as email salesperson we dealt with. Here is my question: our deposit is dated on credit card as original purchase date, and while the first contact to cancel was within the 5 days of that, and we mailed cancellation within 5 days of 2nd contract being drawn up, can they then holdus to the original since they did it as an "owners update"? They said the new one nullifies.the original, but im worried.