Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

I have read similar thoughts to Tom's before. I'm thinking about ways that legacy owners could enhance their position in relation to the notion that we are competing, to our disadvantage, with the Destinations program for access to our weeks. First, "we would need to be convinced that this is true" and that our problem is solely the result of Destinations. I'm not convinced, but read on. Now, let's conclude, right or wrong for the moment, that Destinations has put us to a disadvantage in the use of our legacy weeks and then, how this could be remedied. One thought, could we deposit our weeks with a trading vehicle (Interval or another firm) that is compelled to give Marriott legacy owners the first rights to deposited legacy weeks? Of course, this may cause Vacation Club to withdraw enrolled owners access to trust weeks and to other enrolled options - which many of us like. Would Legacy owners be happier with something like this? Now, we move on to the issue of point values for deposited weeks and the points required for the weeks we want...... Ultimately, I suspect we would conclude that acceptance of Destinations is the only viable option. Sounds to me a lot like the current Health Care issue under consideration by the Supreme Court. Can they delete portions of the program or should the entire bill be scrapped???