Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

Those of you who are not being offered a fair number of points for your unit are in the same boat that I was with a much smaller time share system. My ocean front Daytona Beach 2br gave me access all but 8 weeks of the year, and those were locked out because they were event weeks, where the owners had a specific unit every year for the event, like the Daytona 500 stock car race. The time share points conversion only offered me 3000 points. This meant I only had enough points to use the unit for 28 weeks of the year, instead of the 44 weeks I had access to before. They couldn't, or wouldn't see my point of view, that I had to have enough points to use all the weeks as advertised, not just half the year. And their conversion fee was over $3000. I circulated letters to all members via the home owners association, don't know if your resorts have these. Eventually the time share caved in and offered to convert with the maximum points that a 2Br could have, so I then had access to any week, even the 8 event weeks, should one of those ever come available. Don't know if this will work for you, and it took over two years of complaining. I also signed contract to convert about every 6 months when I was at the resort, and then cancelled them out. Each time I stated the reason for cancellation, was the bad value for the money and loss of usage. (Took advantage of Florida's law to cancel for any reason withing 10 days.)