Report Abuse

Re: Company called Paradise Property Group Offering to Re-Sell Mayan Palace Timeshare for NO Upfront Fee

i have also been contacted by paradise properties to sell my 2 bedroom grand mayan for $38,490. 00, and that on march 28th, 2012, $786,963 usd was deposited into an an american escrow account to be dispersed to all of us 100 sellers. the phone number for the escrow services is 011-52-554-741-1302. at paradise properties kevin (the one who contacted me) says a mexican investor is the buyer, purchasing these timeshare units for tax purposes as well as needing 100 of the grand mayan timeshares for meetings. i have sent paradise properties the contract for my timeshare as well as banking information for a savings account with only a $50 balance in it. my bank said i am safe in giving them my banking info on an account with no balance in it, that they can only deposit money in, not take it out. i have signed a contract with paradise properties and supposed to close on friday. paradise properties has sent me a document asking for approx $3500 that is for the taxes for the mexican government. i was going to put the amount on my credit card and if its fraud, then dispute it after. i called my chase visa and asked them if i would be able to get my money back if its fraud and they said not if i give my permission to the company to run the amount. i will not give them my credit card number or any money upfront after reading this conversation. the BBB has not complaints about paradise property but as stated in this conversation, they may just liquidate and then open again under a different name. i have also been contacted by another company in the last week offering me over the phone the same $38,900 for my 2 bedroom with only a 5% commission and they said they will NOT ask me for any money upfront whatsoever. they say i have until friday. i am weary. i would love to believe this is legit. i wish there was some agency or company that i can contact to see if this is a scam. anyone know? what to do? angie in atlanta. if anyone can let me know please call me at 678-558-2006. ps. i forwarded this entire conversation to julia, my closing coordinator at paradise property in seattle who is going to call me tomorrow, april 10th, at 3 sharp. if indeed she can arrange for my closing on friday to happen WITHOUT any money upfront, i will let you know.