Report Abuse

Re: Company called Paradise Property Group Offering to Re-Sell Mayan Palace Timeshare for NO Upfront Fee

[Q=angiem123] its angie from atlanta again. i have been on the phone today trying to figure out the process for closing on this timeshare. even though i have bought 20 or more properties, i do not understand this international process dealing with the taxes, getting a tax id, and a notary. i dont think they realize how jaded some of us are after being ripped off so much with the whole timeshare process, from internet scams, lottery notices, and such. per the suggestion of julia with paradise properties, i called a lawyer mexican/american i found on internet and he said that i should fly to mexico and pay the taxes myself. he said that he has never seen such an amount of what appears to be legit paperwork come from scammers and said for $750 he could tell me if the paperwork appears to be legit. i will probably not hire him, i am refusing to put any money upfront for anything. craig goodman (one could hope, lol sorry craig) at 206-926-3571 , an owner in finance of paradise properties called me a bit upset that i have blogged negativity about his company in this forum. i cant say that i blame him. i apologized and told him i would retract anything negative i may have suggested and see if he can get me closed. thats fair. i received a phone call from a man in this forum, greg in iowa, and he too is talking to craig to get this mexican tax id set up so he can close. he had the same concerns, he too is an educated business owner, he too is weary but cannot find any proof that paradise properties is anything but a company who has a client who has put forth money to purchase our timeshares. i told craig that i would retract anything i said negative about his company. i do not want to harm any company or person by slandering them without proof one way or the other until i get to the end of the process and know for myself. i do not want to ruin craigs chances of selling these units for us all, therefore, he could lose his client who wants to purchase and none of us will close! i will continue to jump hoops, educate myself, call the mexican bank directly and verify that my money is in escrow. no need to get sarcastic, hasty or nasty, if this is a legit deal and i get my money at closing in the next week, then i will be the first thank craig and his team at paradise properties for selling my timeshare. i will keep you posted on the progress. lets keep this open minded and respectable for all parties involved. sincerely[/Q] Don't say you weren't warned.