Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

and the plot thickens....great post (June, 2011) from here: http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135300&page=7 "I called up last year when I was debating whether or not to enter the program. I asked directly "Is Marriott guaranteeing that the point amounts for a given week at a given location will remain the same always, since the calendars for the points required are only through 2012?"  -- BTW, I got the year wrong, as the other commenter pointed out. The points are fixed only through 2012, not 2013 -- The Marriott rep told me that Marriott reserves the right to increase the required points, and that they can only guarantee they will remain the same through 2012. Specifically, in order to assuage my concerns, the rep said I should "trust Marriott to do what is in the best interests of the owners." Obviously Marriott has not made any definitive public statements that they intend to raise the required points amount at a future time since this would seriously hurt participation in the DC program now. However, it is only common sense - inflating away the value of the DC points opens a new stream of revenue as owners are required to periodically purchase new DC points. Common sense, plus the company leaving the door wide open, equals the inevitable."