Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

Bobp223, despite your weariness of me expressing that what is in print is what one must go by, it is merely fact. It is a fact that one should read before they sign or take advantage of the rescinding period. As an adult signing any contract that is your obligagtion. If you are a CPA/attorney and read it and knew it was a joke, then why did you sign it? I have not bought any points from Marriott and as I have stated on this forum and others, renting points would be the best way for a weeks owner in the points program to get additional points without the neverending maintenance fees. Bob, you seem to be so angry. People can have a difference of opinion. First, I want you to understand that I agree with you that the points are very expensive. I would not join Marriott as a points only owner. To me you would need to have about 6500 points or so to be able to go most places in the system at any time. I would buy a weeks unit resale that I love. At the core of all of this is change. Oldtimers in the system are having a problem with change and what they were accustomed. The funny thing is that Marriott has not forced them to change, but to just exchange differently, IF THEY WANT TO DO SO.