Report Abuse

Re: Buying a timeshare at Vacation Village at Parkway

[Q=jayjay] I'm not Lance but I will try and answer your question ..... the old saying from the pros is to never buy in Orlando since it's such an easy trade .... buy elsewhere and trade into Orlando, however if you want to go to Orlando every year and are not interested in trading then I would buy in Orlando. Always buy on the resale market as you're getting the exact same product as a developer purchase for pennies on the dollar. As for a recommendation, there's no easy answer .... it depends on your needs as an individual .... do you prefer same week, same unit every year ..... or do you prefer floating ..... do you prefer being in a points system. To tell you the truth if I were to ever get back into timesharing I would buy into a points system for the flexibility, but I know absolutely nothing about the different point systems and would have to study up on all of them. When we owned we owned fixed weeks. You can look in Redweek's or Tug's bargain basement for some fantastic deals .... also look for timeshares on Ebay for some great deals (many timeshares are being given away in this economy).[/Q] Thank you, jayjay, for your insights.