Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

My inquiry is a bit different. Background:My wife and I own a Hilton timeshare and generally like Hilton but Hilton does not have any vacation club properties in the Caribbean as of yet. We've struggled finding nice places in the Caribbean though RCI. Sometimes good, sometimes not. Its hard to plan a year out as we still work. We are nearing retirement but still have 5-10 years to go. We like inviting family or friends with us. We were intigued by Marriott as they have some nice facilities in Aruba, St. Kitts and St. Thomas. Due to the fact that we like bringing folks with us, we are considering a 6500 point program at the Premier level. Very costly but we figure we could get some good use out of this particularly after we retire. Obviously we don't have any issues with 'old' program vs. 'new' program and a lot of this blog is focused on that issue. Question: How hard is it to book, particularly in the Caribbean or Hawaii in the real world? We understand the marketing bluster but if any of you would kindly share your experience at securing places in the Marriott family at those locations. Hard to plan 13 months out for us and as we are from the north, obviously we want to book in winter or early spring. Appreciate your candor. Thank you.