Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

Simply put, you probably have the BEST Timeshare in the Marriott system. Ko Olina units are simply beautiful with a beach that far exceeds anything else I have seen. Add to that the fact that Disney just completed their location next door that is renting units for over $750 a night, and they want YOU to pay THEM for the for the privilege of turning it in for an amount of points far less than what they will charge someone else, so you can go to a location that they can no longer sell. Sounds like a deal to me. NO! They can NEVER force you into their point system. In my honest opinion, the point system only benefits owners who own multiple weeks in locations they are simply tired of going to. Where I own one of my weeks in Palm Desert, I constantly run into owners who own six or so weeks. They come from a very cold winter home and split their units to get twelve or so weeks. If you came there year after year it would possibly be beneficial for them to consolidate into points. However, they would than have a yearly adventure spreading out their points at numerous locations, and increased travel costs. In conclusion, as we have all said there is no right answer. What is good for Dennis is not good for me, and what is good for you may not be good for someone else. The one thing you and I can be thankful for is that we both own locations we will always be happy to go to. Although, I my be limited to Palm Desert each winter and two weeks in Maui whenever I want, I can live with that. That may not have been my plan when I bought that second week but being 66, with two daughters who can't wait to get one each. It is now! Remember, this is just one opinion.