Report Abuse

Re: Marriott Going to a Point System

Thanks, will try that. I have a week at Canyon Villas and one at Desert Springs I. Always use Maui OC and DS1 every year. Is it worth me putting CV, alone, into points ( 2950 pts.). If so, why? Also have fair amount of HGVC points, which I also use up, but find these points so simple to use. [Q=charless345] I am not able to pm you either. I did not realize that you could not do that on Redweek. Yes, you have to be a points owner to be able to rent points. For some reason, I thought you already belonged to the Destination Club program. I will say this to you, if all you want to do is go to your resort each Christmas with your four weeks and never exchange, then you don't need to join the Destinations Club. However, if you want to exchange to other Marriotts, utilize your lockoff privelges, trade for Marrriott Rewards points, take advantage of tour or cruise options, or save on II fees, then you should join the Destination Club because for you its a slam dunk on saving on fees each and every year. I don't know how much it cost to join because I know it went up after 2 years, but for someone with 4 of the weeks you own, you would greatly benefit from joining in a big way. Go to the tug2.net site under timeshare community forums and search with the words renting marriott destination club points. You should be able to find the link or address to the site in which you can rent points under the posts. The member Greg T is the founder of the site and he is a Marriott owner too.[/Q]