Report Abuse

Re: Marriott Going to a Point System

If I go to points I will get 6450 and 8375 for my OF weeks 51 and 52. Total 14,825. To rent points to get an additional week at both, I would need 7800 and 9000. Total 16,800. (1975 more than I get). To get into Lahaina tower I would need 9,050 and 10,425. Total 19,475. (4650 more than I get). To rent at 50 cents a point, see what I mean? [Q=charless345] [Q=klalaw07] Checked the rents. It would cost a small fortune for enough points to add a week to mine. Would be better spent to buy points. Rent is way more than half of what I would have bought points for originally. [Q=charless345] I am not able to pm you either. I did not realize that you could not do that on Redweek. Yes, you have to be a points owner to be able to rent points. For some reason, I thought you already belonged to the Destination Club program. I will say this to you, if all you want to do is go to your resort each Christmas with your four weeks and never exchange, then you don't need to join the Destinations Club. However, if you want to exchange to other Marriotts, utilize your lockoff privelges, trade for Marrriott Rewards points, take advantage of tour or cruise options, or save on II fees, then you should join the Destination Club because for you its a slam dunk on saving on fees each and every year. I don't know how much it cost to join because I know it went up after 2 years, but for someone with 4 of the weeks you own, you would greatly benefit from joining in a big way. Go to the tug2.net site under timeshare community forums and search with the words renting marriott destination club points. You should be able to find the link or address to the site in which you can rent points under the posts. The member Greg T is the founder of the site and he is a Marriott owner too.[/Q][/Q] How many points do you need? How many units are you trying to rent? What view? If you are looking to rent an additional unit for only one time, why would you buy points? I guess I was not clear on what you were looking for. People rent points for about .50 per point. So if you were in need of another unit for one time then I would say rent. If you were going to need all the time, then I would say buy one resale instead of points.[/Q]