Report Abuse

Marriott Destination Club Points transfer process and required fees

you can quote that policy all you want the fact remains they took $2300 and did not inform anyone of the 60 day rule. If you consider that a special benefit it should be informed when rofr is written not after the fact. If you implement a rule you let everyone know as you don't use shock value. They also changed their tune to the fact that originally they said resale and then said the restriction goes out with 1500 points. Again not in the contract when they sold to the seller who sold to me They can change it but they need to inform which they did not as the seller, buyer, and title company are totally caught off gaurd. The snipet you point to down below is for resale of week not points as I know that restriction well The fact remains you must work for them or be a sales person for them and trying to justify the deception that Marriott is doing to the consmer when selling directly or allowing rofr to come through without alerting anyone. I also was on the phone with MVCI for 40minutes prior to buying finding out my restictions as I wanted to know what I was getting into and nobody mentioned that I will do everything in my power to alert people to this deception including using the consumer proptection agency and the forums. If Marrioott is implementing this rule this should be told up front to the person buying so when they go to resell this does not happen