Report Abuse

Re: Renters beware!And owners!!!

Hi, I am relieved to know there is somebody else that is not satisfied with Marriott. We bought an OCEANFRONT villa about 5 yrs ago. My husband fell in love with this place, At the time, we told them we were not interested in exchanging or anything else, we only wanted Myrtle Beach, so that is why we bought OCEANFRONT and paid more. Well, after the first year, the problems began. Everytime we "called" for our week, we NEVER could get it. Even tho I called like 30 seconds after 9 am. So, I would try every week to get a week, to no avail. We even paid an additional $500. for this "new" pkg. We were told at that time that this would absolutely get us a better chance in getting a week. Well, wrong again!!! So we joined International Interval(more money) so we could exchange our week. We chose a week in Fla, it was ok but not mb. This is why we bought MB, so we could go to MB!!! The only answer Marriott could give us, "Well,if you buy another week, those people get first chance before the 1 week owners" My husband is still working, so we do not want 2 weeks at one place. Very disappointed, so much we have put our villa up for sale. We contacted Marriott about buying our villa and they told us at this time they were not doing this, and when they do start, they would probably only pay us 2000. to 3000. for it. So disappointed.