Report Abuse

Re: International Brokers Inc. Scam? said they have a buyer - burned before in scam?

I was contacted in October 2013 with an offer to buy my timeshare from Property Management Professionals in San Jose Calif. They also promised that I would only have to pay the 8% fee after I have received my wire transfer. Then I was told that I would have to pay a 10% binder fee to the Mexican govt due to the fact that they have had so many complaints about the timeshare fraud, and the money would be refunded at the time the payment was wired to us. I even have made several called to the Director of Tourism in Mexico. My bank messed up the wire in the amount of $2107. When this was finally corrected, and I was promised that the money was wired the end of November. On December 2, I received an email from the Office of Tourism, that the SAT(Mexican IRS) needed me to pay a 20% Capital Gains tax on the full sale price + the $2107. I had to borrow the money to pay this tax but I advised that I would not pay on the $2107. I was only given 3 days to make the payment or the contract would be cancelled and I would loose my $2107. I was told that the money was then wired to me on Dec 6. On Dec 9, I received a call from the intermediate bank holding the money, and was told that Banamex said that I have to pay $3060 for a foreign bank expense. I got them down to $1896. My banker kept telling me this was a scam, but everything I could find showed them to be good companies. They would not put thru a 3rd wire for me. I was called by the attorney for Property Management who wanted me to do a money gram and he would walk me through the process. When I went to send the moneygram, the teller refused to send saying it is a scam. He even called the main telephone number for Banamex and confirmed that they do not ask for the funds that I was told to send and he also confirmed that the telephone number that I had was not a Banamex telephone number. I have been defrauded over $6000. The buyer is Grupo Carso. International Brokers Inc of California and Blue Collar Financial in Tennessee are the other 2 players. I have all kinds of telephone numbers and email and local addresses for them. Does anyone have a good attorney that can help me?