Report Abuse

Re: Wyndham Is breaking my financial back`

The Timeshare business has ruined my life! I believed the pitches that they made and thought they were all honest people..........NOT!!!!!!!! They are all out for the money and crooks. Nothing they tell you is actually true. I own one at The Resort on Cocoa Beach which I bought back in 1999. Nothing they told us was true but it did trade very well so we always exchanged it. When we bought the timeshare the fees were reasonable but now they are close to $800! We are now 70 and 72 years old and can no longer pay the fees!!!! They keep adding assessments etc. we were never told that they could do that! We were told they couldn't really tell us that we would make money on the purchase but indicated we would! I really need to get rid of this unit, it and the others we purchased, thinking they would be easy to get rid of when we needed too! The only timeshare that treated us right was Las Olas on Cocoa Beach! Alan that works for them was able to sell our unit there since we can no longer use the unit or afford the fees. We didn't make money off that one either but we were able to get something out of it and get our names off of it. We have spent thousands of dollars on timeshares and lost thousands of dollars! If anyone knows how we can get out of the two timeshares we still have, we would appreciate hearing from you, class action suit, etc. Our credit reports are bad due to timeshares. We had someone to call us and tell us how crooked timeshares are and that they would get our name off for $4,000 that is shocking to me that someone would think that was an option. We can't afford to pay anything else on timeshares!