Report Abuse

Re: I am a former TIMESHARE EMPLOYEE IN MEXICO

Hello timeshares4 and members, I stayed at Villa Del Arco recently and not sure what I was thinking but purchased a timeshare from their sales presentation. Here's what was presented to me similar to what you stated timshares4 and need advise from all. 1. The Villa group uses a point system for their timeshare. For a two bedroom suite, it's 2400 points. The sales pitch started high at $27k or so to purchase the points. Towards the end and his bottle line sales pitch that was only good "for that day", the price went down to $13k for 1200 points, however they are throwing in an additional 1200 points that can be used for a two bedroom suite. So his sales pitch, we're giving you a two bedroom suite for half the cost. However, when it was time to signing the contract, the contract stated that I was purchasing a studio suite which equates to the 1200 points. So my question, if I'm trading this through II am I going to have a 2 bedroom trade with my 2400 points or just a studio suite? I asked the salesman this, and his answer was "see what the 1200 points give you and if needed use the additional 1200 points, but since Villa del Arco is sought after the 1200 points trade in for a two bedroom and the free 1200 points can be rented out." Any truth to all of this? 2. I asked him about resales and ebay and it looks like they were prepared to counter those questions. When pulling up the contract, it mentions that the Villa group has exclusive rights for resale and any rentals would need to be approved by them. So his bottom line was only Villa group can resale? 3. It states I have 5 business days to rescind the contract. However, in the contract, there's a clause that states all of the down payment will not be refunded. The down payment I provided was a substantial amount. Do I still have any recourse to get this back or is it basically take the loss and rescind? How do I go about rescinding? Thanks for any advise.