Report Abuse

Palace Elite

Timeshares and timeshare memberships like you bought have a rescission period when you can cancel and get all of your money back. It is right in the contract. Unfortunately the time period is 3-10 days after signing the contract. Next thing to know is that RCI the exchange company charges $209 plus an$89 fee per year to facilitate exchanges regardless of what you own. If you can exchange unit that is basically a hotel sized unit (not a studio, 1 br, 2 br, etc) at a Mexican AI, which has an overabundance of units available, and get a 1 br somewhere for $450 you really aren't doing too bad. If I go to your resort through RCI I am getting a smaller room and having to pay at least $1200 per person per week in addition to the $209 I have to give RCI, For me the real scam with a Palace membership isn't the RCI component it is that I could rent a unit from a member who paid much more than you did for then membership and probably pay less for the AI then you as a palace elite (old name palace premier) and get better perks. So unfortunately the short answer is no, unless you can prove that you were lied to and deceived into signing the contract, or Palace resorts are not honoring the contract as it is written, there is no way to cancel and get your money back. In fact if you try to stop paying anymore, and don't fulfill your agreement to pay the entire $16000, they can come after your credit. If you feel that their was fraud and deception- not just that you are unhappy with what you bought then you should contact the official Mexican group Profecto and file a complaint. They may be able to help you.