Report Abuse

Re: Beware - Another Scam?

You're welcome. You can report it to agencies in your state government. In Florida the best place is http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services/Consumer-Resources/Consumer-Protection/File-a-Complaint (The Division of Consumer Services). However, most of these guys are using throw away cell phones and other temporary contact info. The best information is the wire instructions (bank name/ABA number/account number). Even if they can't find the people, the division can often shut down that account. Also the agency won't tell you what happened and even if you follow this issue, like we do, it's hard to tell if a report you made was successful when they issue press releases about arrests because all the names are fake, but the arrests give their real name. As to our services, I don't want to advertise so I'll just say: we don't charge a hefty fee; you talk/meet with a licensed attorney (not a paralegal or other person) during the paid initial consultation; and subsequent fees are contingent on success. So you don't have to worry about paying us for something we might not accomplish. However, I agree, contact your HOA and see what they say. Some consumers have us help them draft their communications to the HOA so that's also an option (discussions like that regarding your legal position and the best options for you are part of an initial paid consultation). Jim Robertson