Report Abuse

Re: Preston Green / Vacation Homes Only Fraud Warning

We, too, rented from Preston Green and Vacation Homes Only. We rented two weeks at the JW Marriott Villas I through Mr. Green. We booked the trip almost one year in advance, and were given dates by Mr. Green as to when he could secure the two weeks of our timeshare. We received no confirmation number as is his practice. When it came time to use the timeshare weeks, we called the Marriott and were told that we were unable to get into the Villas I, as no reservations were booked there. We got into the Villas II, however our week began two days earlier than we were told. The second week actually started three days earlier, overlapping with week one. Preston "took full responsibility" and assured us that he would get everything worked out and told us "not to worry". This seems to be a common theme with him. After too many calls and unreturned messages to count, we finally booked our last three nights ourselves and had to pay over $1,500 to do so. Preston claimed that he had the three extra nights taken care of, but the Marriott told me that he had us booked in a different unit each night and we would not get a two bedroom unit, but rather that our family would be splitting up. I told Preston that I would like our money back for the second week (approximately $2,000) since he broke our contract. After lengthy arguments, he agreed to that. I have not heard, not received anything since then despite my emails and voice mails. My advice to anyone choosing to use Mr. Preston Green and Vacation Homes Only: think before you pay - you have been warned.