Report Abuse

Re: Has anyone used HELP4TSO

[Q=patriciag421] Ok, so what do you know that can get me out of my paid off timeshare at Vacation Village? They tell me they don't have a resale or buyback program. Basically tough luck!! The contract is paid off, but I still have to pay the taxes & maintenance on a property that we no longer use. Any suggestions you may have would be beenficial. Thanks ahead, hoping you can help me...[/Q] What you do NOT do is pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. That is always a scam. You said that "they don't have a resale or buyback program" but you can ask if the resort will take your unit back. Make sure you contact someone from the Homeowners' Association. The HOA might require that you pay closing costs and even the next maintenance fee. Also, be firm and let them know that you will get rid of ownership one way or another. You can also try listing it here on RedWeek in the Bargain Basement section saying that it's free and you will pay the closing costs. It will take some effort and patience but you should be able to eventually get rid of it.