Report Abuse

Re: Grand Miramar Private residence/beware

STAY AWAY FROM GM: I've dealt with GM being LIARS & CROOKS. I purchased back in Nov/12 by a sales person that I trusted as he came from our province of Alberta. The SCAM works like this. GM used The Property Place to entice me to purchase GM & to sell my other timeshares and/or Rent weeks. BY May/13 I was scammed out of $28,800 CDN. Then in Jan/14 I went to GM to get my contract Buy Back for $52K USD. Well met Richard Bounds, who I trusted. Gave me a bullshit story about The Property Place, but GM now used Diamond Management Group. I got sucked in to upgrade & purchase Cash Rewards ($12K for 20 yrs), so I could sell my other timeshares. The same SCAM. How STUPID of me to trust Richard Bounds. DON'T EVER TRUST ANYONE WITH TIMESHARES: Spent all of 2014 to get Richard & DMG to honour contract & GM still tried to SCAM me of $24,060 USD. I went to GM in Jan/15 to discuss SCAM with Richard & GM Sales MGR. GM said they never received the money. What LIARS - I had all the proven documents. I got approval for cash rewards in Sept/14 for a trip we did & never received a penny. Now I cannot even access the web site, which only existed at GM office. I can't even access the site for GM Private Residence web site - doesn't exist. In Feb/15, I talked to Profeco & then hired lawyers in PV to get a refund of $125,349 USD through Profeco. Following is a sequence of the SCAMS. Nov 19/12: Purchase $22,416 USD: Apr 8/13: SCAM $27,632 USD: Jan 28/14: Cash Rewards SCAM & Upgrade $48,742 USD: Feb 19/14: DMG Contract SCAM $2,500 USD: Sep 12/14: Transfer Fees SCAM $24,060 USD -- Sept/14 SCAM -- MC Dispute $24,060 USD. Recovered May 25/15 from MC. -- Feb 17/15 -- Buy Back $52K Contract $50,450. Wait up to 5 yrs. Another SCAM. -- May 26/15 - JTC lawyers & GM hearing with Profeco to recover $$. Lawyers advised that nothing can be done. Here is my lawyers answer. "Following with the hearing that took place this past days, we did not accomplished nothing since there argument is that they don't have any records from you supporting your legal ownership. Based on the information that you first provide us with PROFECO has not records of the registered names but one, the other 3 registered names are inactive so we cannot proceed to place a complaint against this. for being honest Max there's no room for us to ask for a refund due that they were to careful to protect all areas so they do not give no refunds, they said that they had no problems on giving us the cancellation but with no further action, I wanted to touch this matter before any conclusion, but the representatives will no proceed on giving us nothing else than the cancellation with no hesitation. We are with our hands tied Max, this is a very shady company they sell timeshares with one registered name after a while ( I suppose that after many complaints ) they closed the registered name and they open a new one, so there's no persecution." I can only hope that my experience will prevent one other person to not buy from GM. For us its been an unbelievable hell of experience. Makes us not to trust anyone again. We still own the timeshare at GM with pay on use only. But our use will probably not happen again. But I always think that I'm glad I did not have a gun, when I last seen Richard. I have joined with Timeshare Anonymous as I know I have a serious addiction. Max from Alberta, Canada.