Report Abuse

Seems like I'm Finally Getting Rid of Diamond Resorts Mystic Dunes

Ok, it has been many years, many $$ spent and although some may use and appreciate timeshares, my purchase was a mistake in hindsight. I have used it for many years, 100% exchanging out of my home resort since I now live in FL so I'm paying the elevated maintenance, exchange company and exchange fee year after year. There is no way out of these in my limited analysis, if you are not in a Marriott or in a select few locations you have zero resale value. You have a hard time giving away the resort since folks start looking at the high maintenance costs… so difficult, (not impossible), to give away, almost zero chance to sell… where does that leave you?? It left me calling Diamond Resorts and requesting any information on a buy/giveback program if anything existed. To my utter shock, they responded with, yes we are doing this now as long as you are current. Of course I initiated immediately and after a few weeks I received the Quick Claim Deed, we signed through a notary, included the 250.00 transfer fee and away it went. At this point I have not received notification that everything was completed yet but I have the utmost confidence that this time I have actually rid myself of something I have not wanted for many years. Not sure if everyone can have the same result but I thought I would put up information that would help you in looking at options to relinquish your resort. If anything changes I’ll update the post but I don’t expect anything unexpected at this time. Gary