Report Abuse

We are thinking about a Timeshare Purchase, whats your honest opinion???

I love my two ownerships up here in the Northeast. I have owned one for 16 years and the other I acquired for free this past year. I suggest you go on TUG (Timeshare Users Group) as a guest and ask questions. They have a form that you can fill in to see if timeshare ownership would be suitable for you. The members there (I am one of them) are great and they will help you and give lots of specific advice to aid in your decision. You can get timeshares for free on EBAY, Timeshare Nation (where I got my last one) and also on TUG listings. I am sure there are some listed here on Redweek. Also- another company is SUMDAY. Go on TUG- start there before you spend any money or do anything drastic. I will say before we bought our first timeshare we stayed there a couple of times to make sure we really liked it. At the time, we bought from the developer, something you should not do now as there are so many resales and free timeshares out there. Also- there is a good Facebook page you might want to join= Timeshare Resort Users Group. Many people post timeshares for sale or rent on that page. Also, you can ask about any resorts you are interested in, etc. There you have it. A lot of resources and a lot of homework for you! Good luck! [Q=emiliot5] johnh1645, I own a point system timeshare through Sapphire resort formerly Geo Holiday. I would not recommend buying timeshare. It is better to rent from timeshare owners that way you don't have to worry about paying a yearly maintenance fee on top of your initial purchase of timeshare. I hope this help. [Q=johnh1645] Hello all, My wife and I are new to Red Week and joined to start doing some purchase research. We love Marco Island Florida and have been renting a home for the past couple years, we like to travel in late Sept.- early Oct, the "off season". We like having our own pool and spa, but its a pain to drive and a walk to the beach, then try to find chairs. We visited the Eagles Nest and liked what we saw, there are many opportunities to buy a flex share there for around $3000.00 + yearly fee's approx. $1200. Even if we can catch a "deal" on a house its at least $1600+. What's your honest opinion on all the above and more?[/Q][/Q]