Report Abuse

Re: We are thinking about a Timeshare Purchase, whats your honest opinion???

If your going to the same place every year or every other year then of course it's not a bad idea. Remember: 1. It's $200+ to exchange through RCI right now and also an annual fee of 100 or so. That's an additional $300 a year. Thus the "nickel and dime" stuff plus a lot of resorts have additional weekly fees like resort or energy fees, taxes, or so many weird fees it drives me crazy. I have learned the hard way. My point is that don't think your the only smart one doing this. Huge companies do this professionally. My experiance is most friends or people I meet that buy resell will have issues. Just remember that it is buyer beware. IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT MOST LIKELY IS. Why would it cost a dollar? Seriously!!!! Why? I also was speaking in general. Their are good deals but my opinion is that Most Resells are not even worth one dollar. The maintenance is either too high and also buying a property sight unseen is absurd!!!! NEVER BUY ONE SIGHT UNSEEN UNLESS MANAGED BY A PUBLIC COMPANY. AND I MEAN NEVER!!!!! Public companies have to maintain them to a certain level and have their fees overseen. Private companies don't. I bought one in Orlando and the maintenance fees went up $500 dollars the very next year. Huge mistake and will never do it again. It was run by a private company and was not maintained plus the also added 10 percent to manage it. Either way Everyone is trying to get paid a commission. All the websites you listed are also run by brokerage companies. I am trying to find a true FOR SALE BY OWNER....if you have any tips for that please let me know. I spend way too much time looking through these ads and most are not worth the dollar they are asking. I am at that point my where I am about to give up. Sad but true. [Q=maryannp12] I disagree about what you said about resales. You just have to know what you are buying. Mine cost zero $ and it is a prime summer fixed week.- yes- in an older building but it has been totally upgraded and has a great view. I say- always buy resale- with the exception of maybe a few types of points/properties. In fact, try to get your timeshare for free or very little $. Try Timeshare Nation, Sumday, EBay and TUG.[/Q]