Report Abuse

Re: Apollo's Acquisition of Diamond Resorts

I couldn't agree with you more. I have been active in these forums helping people get the most out of their timeshares and helping some get out of their ownerships all together. I challenge anyone to find the benefit to owning points. These contracts are written by the developers for the developers and they spend millions lobbying law makers to pass laws to make the happen. They over sell properties including undesirable weeks in the name of profits. They have the ability to raise the number of points it takes to get a reservation. They lock their victims into lifetime contracts by convincing the lawmakers that they are selling real property but treat the owners like they are renters. Unfortunately I don't see change coming anytime soon. The giant corporations have unlimited funds to keep the game in their favor. Owners are not united and have no financial means to fight these corporate bullies. I hope you keep posting information on a regular basis in this forum. Your knowledge is a breath of fresh air for many readers. Most of them don't have access to the inside workings of the industry. I look forward to reading your future posts.