Report Abuse

Re: want to stop on timeshare

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract. All they want is your upfront money and then the excuses start flying. They jerk you around until the time runs out for you to dispute the charge on your credit card. Check them out. Ask them for the physical location of their company. Ask them what state they are licensed in and their license number. You will definitely get a run around and if you are naïve enough to send them money you will spend many sleepless nights regretting your decision. If you do send them money please come back to the forum and let us know how much they took you for. Try calling the resort yourself. Make sure you get in touch with the person that handles the titles. Ask them if they will take it back through a deed back. I got rid of two timeshares in 2011 that way. All it cost me was a minimal amount for filing fees. Some resorts will have you pay the next years maintenance fees to give them time to find another owner. That's a small price to pay to get rid of it. I stated to my resorts that I was going to get rid of my timeshares with or without their assistance and it was in their best interest to work with me. I have been free of maintenance fees for five years now and I didn't get ripped off by a scam company. Take the time and effort to make the calls and then let us know if you have any luck with them.