Report Abuse

Be careful about taking advice from the Timeshare Users Group (TUG)

@William: " the only time I have seen Tuggers offer up to "give back" is as a last resort to people who have gone way beyond any possibility of rescinding." We might be reading different areas on TUG. For the most part I only read the DRI forum. The suggestion to surrender a TS is made without any discussion of whether the person has consulted an attorney and without any other suggestion as to how they might find an attorney. From what I've seen on TUG, post rescission victims are told to either sell (which is impossible) or surrender their memberships. "Quite a few of the Tuggers are multiple owners (as am I), so why wouldn't someone who is new, or doesn't know where to turn, accept the advice of others who have been there and done that." I'm not following you. I am afraid most new readers do follow exactly the advice the forum members offer. That is what bothers me. " I believe I had seen your post concerning contacting other members on TUG, before it was deleted" You may have seen me ask people to contact me via email. I suggest they remove all identifying information from their emails. In what way is their autonomy at risk? I think most TUG members are adults and capable of deciding if they want to contact people or not. "Ask yourself, If I was to contact by some one out of the blue, that I knew nothing about, concerning a TS in hopes of getting any monies back from what turned out be a bad investment. With out any past experiences to back up their validity, how desperate would you be." Many TS owners are desperate. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain by following up an offer of free help. Obviously anytime you contact a stranger you have to take reasonable security measures. But as long as you do that, where is the risk? Again, "concerned" TUGGERS could easily test me and I'm sure several have done so. Obviously they have not discovered any indication that I am some kind of predator because if they had it would have been posted on the site. I can't prove a negative but over seven months the absence of any reports that confirm TUG's suspicions should tell you something. "but by you wanting to start a thread on a site, wanting to contact, or have people contact you concerning giving up TS's in place of getting their money back, would seem kinda fishy to me also." It's fishy that I want to start a thread on a timeshare forum, to discuss some of the details of the TS contract...in public? Do you hear yourself? "Maybe there would be a better way to introduce your efforts than wanting a published list of owners, be TUG or Red week." Where did you get the idea that I've ever asked for a list of published owners? Maybe you have me confused with someone else but I have certainly never asked for such information. Such a list would be helpful because it would allow me to reach out directly to the people that would be most interested in our project. But no, I've never asked for such a thing. In fact, I encourage people to redact their identifying information from anything they send me. I really have NO INTEREST in talking to ANYONE unless they want to talk to me, lol. I have more mail than I can keep up with and I am not about to chase people down to give them free help! Also, I went into great detail to introduce myself and my interests to TUG when I first joined the group. The response, no matter what I said, was that they thought I must be lying. I went into the whole "what do people have to lose by contacting me" thing and did not get any answer. I think the bottom line is that they don't want anyone there that is not going to subscribe to and affirm the TUG agenda. They seem to be very afraid of any discussion of people's legal options. They try to justify their censorship by making a baseless and utterly senseless (not to mention incredibly insulting to their own members) claim that they are trying to protect their members lol, but I think most people see through that. Thank you for your comments.