Report Abuse

Re: Be careful about taking advice from the Timeshare Users Group (TUG)

I just feel like you contradict yourself too many times both with you advice and with who and what you have disclosed about who you are. I am an owner, no I am the friend of an owner. There are plenty of lawyers who will take on a case because if they get to arbitration than DRI will pay all the fees but DRI will almost never let it get to arbitration. Never pay upfront because there are lawyers who only charge the small retainer and then will work on contingency only, except that if you are out of state then they may need you to pay up front. I want to have a website for firms with verified testimonials, but because of non disclosure clauses that can't really happen. There are so many cons in the timeshare biz but I am not a con and you should take my word even though I can't provide any proof (which is what every TS con would pretty much say). Unlike most on TUG, I actually believe you are trying to help and are not knowingly a shill for anyone but that doesn't mean it is good advice for most. My advice if you want to go that route would be if you already have an attorney that you trust, run it by him and her and see what he thinks and if he could point you in some kind of direction or if you have some kind of legal benefit as part of a work benefit with a free half hour consultation try running it by that service. Also if you want to be helpful Susan and write up that guide you mentioned, maybe start with all the documentation an owner who is thinking about going with a lawyer (or up against the TS company on there own) should gather and what phone calls they can make and what they should say to the TS company and how to document those calls. That would be way more helpful than the advice to find a good attorney who may or may not charge several thousand dollars upfront.