Report Abuse

Re: Selling Vacation Club Membership

[Q=paulom15] Thank you for advice Dave and Lance. If I am not interested anymore and I cant sell it, How can I do to get rid of it?. Do I have to ask a lawyer?. Or is there any other way to get out of this?[/Q] There is no need to contact a lawyer, relief company, or charity. Try one of two things: First, contact the resort's Homeowners' Association (HOA) and explain that you want to give the deed back. The HOA might accept and it might not. It might accept on the condition that you pay closing costs and maybe even the next maintenance fee. You can also state with great determination that, one way or another, you are going to get rid of it so it would be in the HOA's best interests to work with you and take the deed back. The other option is to list it for sale or giveaway here on RedWeek. You can also use reputable websites such as E-Bay, Craigslist, My Resort Network, or Timeshare Users Group (aka"TUG" tugbbs.com) which has a Bargain Deals section that allows you to advertise for free that you want to give your unit away. You might have to offer the new taker an incentive such as you paying the closing costs and perhaps the next maintenance fee, but that will work out a lot cheaper that hiring some questionable company that claims it can relieve you of your timeshare.