Report Abuse

Re: A fee just to look on Red Week decreases the number of potential renters

You might want to be a bit more specific. There are RCI Points, Wyndham Points, Hyatt Points, Bluegreen Points, HIVC points, etc., etc. Some points are attached to "weeks" at a particular resort, some points contracts are just "pure points" with no associated "week". It all depends on the particular "system" involved. Folks here will be glad to try to offer input, but it might help to more clearly identify the "flavor" of points that you seek. On the other hand, I definitely see your point (no pun intended). Even with paid membership access, you would find it difficult (maybe impossible) to specifically narrow down your search to "point program timeshares" on this site. I was asking myself (and I am a long time RedWeek member already) how I would go about conducting such a "point program timeshares" search on this site --- and I frankly don't know how (or if) I could even do so at all. The RedWeek site is clearly oriented more to geographic areas, and then to narrowing things down to resorts within "subsets" of geographic areas. For "pure points' contracts", geographic areas alone don't really allow that kind of search at all. Good observation! [Q=lindaf220] We are interested in looking for point program timeshares. I have received Redweek emails for years. Now that we are looking, we can't distinguish the properties of interest. I am perfectly happy to pay the fee if we want to purchase but am not sure that if I do , we will get the information that we are looking for. I would think that this should be a search criteria.[/Q]