Report Abuse

Re: Planning a Trip

[Q=autumnm19] I just joined Red Week but it is quite expensive. I have found better deals through Flip Key or Airbnb. I expected better deals here than you could find in these other places. It is disappointing.[/Q] A $18.99 annual membership fee is certainly not prohibitively expensive, but perhaps you are referring instead to the price of rentals that you have seen posted on RedWeek. I'm not sure what you "expected" (or why), but I will point out that timeshares are fully equipped private condo units, available for a full week, with pools, hot tub, often other amenities (such as fitness rooms) as well. It's not a valid "apples to apples" comparison to compare nightly airbNb lodging rates to stay in someone's apartment or home (often while they are there too) to private occupancy of a resort condominium. That being said, it's always individual OWNERS (not the web site) that determine rental pricing, so it's illogical and unreasonable to blame (or credit) ANY individual web site for whatever rental prices you see posted there. Smart owners make the effort to research the market and offer competitive rental pricing. Owners who get greedy and seek considerably more money than other comparable rentals may very well end up just hearing "crickets". Anyone can (and should) shop multiple sites to find what they want to rent, offered at prices that they are willing to pay. Just compare "apples to apples" --- not "apples to oranges". I've used airbNb on multiple occasions when travelling and seeking just a night or two of lodging, generally preferring that option over sterile motel rooms with no soul. In my own experience, airbNb accommodations generally cannot hold a candle to timeshare condos. Accordingly, in my opinion, it's not particularly meaningful or valid to compare these two very different lodging options to one another.