Report Abuse

Re: Seems like I'm Finally Getting Rid of Diamond Resorts Mystic Dunes

Does the relinquishment mean that you received money back for your package with Diamond Resorts? We are paid in full but really do not want it anymore. It would be nice to get money back since we have only had it for 2 years. Thanks! [Q=garyl108] Folks, Just wanted to provide an update. My process took a very long time, mostly because Diamond doesn't communicate anything to you, you have to always call and figure out where you are in the process. I waited and waited after I sent papers in, finally I was told it didn't have the correct number of signatures... but no one told me. Received new paperwork, everything was sent in and again, no responses. Called about 3-4 times over the course of 3-4 months, each time I was receiving positive information letting me know it was progressing. Finally I have received, (after another call), my completed Quit-Claim Deed and my account is closed out. My paid maintenance fees for 2016 was refunded a few months ago and now I have no account with Diamond. If you own a Diamond resort, call them, ask them for a relinquishment, I think this only works if you owe nothing, but either way its worth a try. They offered it to me when I called in for something else so it's all possible. For the first time in years I feel like I am free of this mess and a burden has been lifted. Good luck and god bless, Gary[/Q]